Sunday, April 03, 2005

Out of bounds


Out of bounds
Originally uploaded by zentropy.

Pretty flower, no? I took this picture in Colorado last summer. It is so beautiful outside today, I thought this would be a nice addition to today's post.

Made it through the weekend unscathed, but not circumstantially. What I mean is that I went to a place for margs that I don't usually. The margs are great there, strong as hell, but it was really crowded. The place had a cool vibe tho'. You could feel the exuberant joy of a sunny, albeit windy, Friday in the crowd. It felt rather strange, tho', to be sipping a tasty lime slushy while watching and speculating with CNN on the TV they had in the patio when or if the Pope was going to pass on. He finally did yesterday. About five hours and three margs later, it was definitely time to go. My friend, with whom I was celebrating the end of his Lenten prohibition, suddenly decided it was sleepy time. I suppose I would have been sleepy too after foregoing alcohol for over fifty days. After waiting for a cab, on display in front of the bar, narrowly avoiding getting carried away in a vehicle with blinky blue and red lights (ok, not so narrowly, but the rent-a-cop dudes were less than understanding), we finally made our way to my friend's house, leaving a street pizza trail out the door of the cab with frequent stops along they way. Oy! You'd think grown-ups like us would be smart enough to avoid this kind of behavior.

My point of this rambling is that it seems silly things like this happen whenever we step out of our usual routine (different bar, trying something new, etc., whatever). Not as safe as usual, always presenting a challenge, and never, never failing to remind that we are alive. These little reminders help erase the insignificance of life's little annoyances. Don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments: